Chicken Wire Shelf with Snowman

Chicken Wire Shelf with Painted Wooden Snowman
Today I made a chicken wire shelf out of wood. I cut 4 pieces of wood. 2 pieces were 13 inches long by 4 inches and the other 2 pieces were 11 1/2 inches long by 4 inches. I painted them black. I then glued and nailed all the pieces together to make a square.  After that is the tricky part. I cut out and stapled chicken wire to the back of the shelf. Keep making sure that the corners are square during this process. All the tugging on the chicken wire can sometimes wiggle the wood out of place. The shelf can be hung on the wall or put on a dresser or table.


I made the cute little snowman out of a piece of scrap wood. I drew a pattern and cut it out. Then I painted him white. I painted the eyes, buttons, and smile with black paint. The heart is painted red with black outline and patchwork. The carrot nose was cut out of wood using my scroll saw and then painted orange. I just winged that part. Finally I added a brown/white checked scarf. Snowman measures 5 1/2 inches tall. He is so cute!


Comments