Americana Flag Planter Box

 Last year I saw a post online where they made an Americana style flower planter box. I was inspired by the one I found at Flag Planter at Freecraftz. I really liked it and decided to try and make one. Below are the measurements of the one I made.

I used scrap wood that I had around the house. I made the pickets out of 3-3/4" x 25" wood. I was nervous about  cutting the wood at angles but they turned out well. I painted 2 of them barn red and the middle one white. After I painted them and sanded them alot.
Then I worked on the box. I cut out (4) 5-1/4" x 11-1/2" pieces and (2) 4" x 10-1/2" pieces. I used what I had on hand but you could adjust the measurements. I painted all the pieces a navy blue. After they dried, i nailed all the pieces together to make a box.
I made a vinyl stencil with my silhouette and painted it white. After removing the stencil I sanded the whole box.
Once that was done, I screwed the box and the pickets together. I used some scrap strips of wood to hold the pickets together.  Here is a picture of the back of the planter box. 
I hope you enjoyed this project. Let me know what you think.

Comments