Buffalo Welcome Sign

My cousin recently asked me if I could paint her a sign. She wanted a 5 foot tall welcome sign but wanted a buffalo to replace the letter "O". She and her husband are big time Buffalo Bills fans. They even got engaged at a game some 20 years ago. 
I was a little nervous about making a sign that big but love to make things for my people. I painted the background black. Then applied the vinyl stencil that I made on my computer onto the wood board. After that I painted the background color antique white. I then removed the stencil and sanded the whole sign for a more rustic look. I always love to sand my signs after I'm done painting them. I really like that look. Then I added a water based polyurethane to seal the sign. I really love how this sign turned out. Let me know what you think!


Comments