Snickerdoodle Cookies


My youngest son doesn't like many sweets. I'm always trying to find something that he will like. The one year I made some Snickerdoodle cookies for Christmas and he loved them. So now I make them for his birthday, holidays, and any family gatherings. Now many of my family members look forward to these cookies too. In fact, I just made 9 dozen cookies (snickerdoodle and chocolate chip) for my nephew's graduation party and there wasn't a cookie left....and she also had a sheet cake!!

So I'm sharing this Snickerdoodle cookie recipe with you. I hope you and your family will also love these cookies. 



Snickerdoodle Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Extra for rolling:
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix softened butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, vanilla and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
3. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a seperate bowl. 
4. Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture. 
5. Chill dough. Chill an ungreased cookie sheet in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes. 
6. Meanwhile, mix the 3 tablespoons sugar and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
7. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/cinnamon mixture. 
8. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough into the sugar mixture.
9. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. 
10. Remove from pan immediately and cool on cooling rack. 

I always chill the dough for at least 1/2 hour to hour before baking the cookies but I don't always chill the pan. Either way, they come out yummy!!!



Comments