How To Turn Old Glass Ornaments Into Clear Glass

Original Glass Bulb Ornament
 I have a bunch of old glass bulb ornaments that were my mom and dad's that are at least 30 years old. The paint is cracking and coming off. So I'm going to turn them into glitter ornaments. Here is the original glass ornament. You can't really tell from this picture but the paint is cracking and missing from places.
Ornament filled with bleach and salt
You need to take the top metal piece off the ornament as I have already done. Then fill the ornament with a little bit of bleach and salt. Then swish, swish, swish. I just used my finger over the hole but you can put a piece of plastic wrap over it so the bleach doesn't come into contact with your skin. Then I washed the bulbs inside and outside. And you are left with a wonderful, clear bulb!
Now it's a clear ornament

Comments